Friday, October 26, 2012

Rainbow Trout Round Valley Reservoir at the Surface

Each time I reeled the m & m (marshmallow and mealworm) rig in, the two marshmallows tore off the hook and floated to the calm surface, and trout took them within seconds. If flycasters could get the needed range, I think they would have caught rainbows left and right, possibly some browns by now too. As for everyone else with shiners under bobbers and m & m's floated off bottom, I heard of one trout caught.

We saw more than a dozen leap in an hour's time. And more that tailed at the surface over 10 or 15 feet of water like permit or bonefish on shallow flats. I've never seen this happen before. I've seen plenty cruise in very shallow water, but not oriented to the surface over the depths. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered