Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mountain Edges Diffuse in Thin Haze

Soft as a baby's skin, mountain edges diffuse in thin haze suggested mounds of ice cream. They relieved tension as suddenly and objectively as touch and taste. Released at Round Valley Reservoir, I could have been walking on clouds at 38,000 feet for a few moments of realization about how the past decade of my life fishing has ensured my novel writing. I don't choose the word assure to describe this, because actual security in physical conditions makes the difference. If I were pent up behind walls all day and did not get out into the wide open world, I couldn't think with the freedom I enjoy. It's not that the novel is all about fishing--it is in part--but that creativity is generated naturally. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered