Monday, March 19, 2018

First Cast with the Bucktail Spinner


First cast with the bucktail spinner, given to me by Tom Savko, and a largemouth whacked it. I missed the hit. Sun was setting, a little of its presence yet on the shallows I cast, water warmed somewhat there, but I doubt the temperature got quite to the mid-40's. Temperature here in Bedminster at 4 pm was 46. The bass left a nice surface swirl after it vanished.

The blade is homemade. It's not a spinner crafted entirely by marketed components. And it works, an excellent choice for Bedminster Pond on a mild day. Last year, my son and I went there and fished for about 15 minutes, catching bass, but I lost a spinner I made during the 1970's for this purpose of slow shallow retrieve. Bedminster Pond is also shallow, and has residual weeds to retrieve over.

What fortune. Last year, after losing that spinner, I figured that fishing is done with, because I'm not going to make more...even though my mind has bugged me a little, as if I might. Along comes Tom Savko and solves that problem for me.


http://littonsfishinglines.blogspot.com/2018/03/bucktail-spinner.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered