Friday, August 31, 2012

North Branch Raritan River Bass Father and Son

Feels like forever since I last fished with my son. So proud of him venturing far off downstream, having said not a word of parting. I worked my way into the back of the stretch to catch my best bass of the evening, Matt disappearing deep in the dusk around a bend.

Often those tail ends hold nice fish. Particularly if the stretch narrows into a V pattern--doesn't have to be deep--sometimes a very good-size smallmouth just lets forage get sucked to it as if the stream formed a natural weir or sock seine.

Most of what we caught average stream bass, my total included six smallmouths and a largemouth, the largest smallmouth about 12 inches. Matt caught I don't know how many; he felt he did well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered