Saturday, December 10, 2022

New State Record Albacore Tuna

NJ Fish & Wildlife   Interesting, reading over the saltwater NJ state records. (Albacore Tuna was caught this past October.) Striped bass are now a "retired" listing. (I sure want to catch some when I "retire.") Apparently because you can no longer keep any over 38 inches, I believe it is. 

(I'd love to haul home a 50-inch striper to show my wife, but I admit the limit will protect the species.) 

Also, a 13-pound & some hybrid striper caught off Brigantine. Now that's a real story to research if anyone has the time.  

2 comments:

  1. I was a little skeptical a first about that hybrid striper, but it is possible it escaped Lake Hopatcong or a PA lake and made its way to the sea.. Looking forward to your retirement and our striper fishing.. FM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the bucket brigade :-) Yes, we definitely need to connect with some quality fish. The smaller will always please, but I've never caught a big one & want to.

      Delete

Comments Encouraged and Answered