Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Elimination of Parking at Bedminster Pond

Notice width of breakdown lane.

I won't say much about it. Too depressing. I put my all into my TO THE EDITOR letter soon to be published in Bernardsville News. Perhaps I'll publish that in the blog later this week.

None of us would believe what they claim about this situation. That they're doing it to protect us. That the situation is too dangerous for us to manage. It's a safety issue. 

Don't we need our politicians....

Just think, without them we'd be so stupid as to park there, as I did days before they filled in the lot.

So wide my long morning shadow doesn't touch the gravel. And I stand only halfway to the white line.

They've marked the road. Parking at the AT&T stretch appears to be doomed.

And that's what the sign implies. Where a gravel parking lot for anglers used to exist, flowers are supposed to be planted. Like a grave. 






3 comments:

  1. Its on a state road. I suspect the NJDOT had "influence" in this decision. Bright note, the folks fishing the zoo will now get their exercise walking from the parking lot, thank you NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's U.S. Highway 202/206, not a State Highway like 23 and 15; I believe both are State Highways. How the town worked that out with NJ DOT, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if...(fill in the blank). I believe a relatively few will be up to the exercise of accessing the Zoo, and Pequest Hatchery will soon quit stocking there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send the excess trout to South NJ!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Encouraged and Answered