Monday, May 19, 2014

Change up in Worm Color and Form Yields Largemouth Bass


At Round Valley Reservoir, I began with a 7 1/2-inch Chompers, soon into this little bass, and proceeded to keep fishing the worm for another 10 minutes or so. Then I switched to a brown Senko-type, thinking the change-up might jog a bass to hit. I felt certain more staged on the structure. First cast, I let it sink, sit, then fluttered the tips, Wacky style. Felt the pick up, set the hook and caught a bass an inch or two larger. A change in both color and form worked as expected. I fished areas off the structure, and then returned to the same place in the end.

My last cast, I placed a Senko-type red-fleck way out, fluttered it into range. I got a firm pick-up, set the hook and was into a very nice bass, although I doubt it was five pounds, like the largemouth I caught at the reservoir last week. Lost this one. Felt frustrating, but if fishing were so easy you never lost any, it wouldn't be compelling to keep doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered