Monday, June 20, 2011

When Bass Vacate: Round Valley Later in Season, Abandoned Surf

Most of the stripers are gone, and largemouths move into depths and thick cover during day. It seemed a lot easier to catch bass at Round Valley a month ago. And Island Beach was barren Sunday, at least the strip in our vicinity produced no hits for anyone.

An hour or two before I got to Round Valley an overcast sky seemed promising, and I hope I never arrive to such blazing sunlight for the rest of the summer, it's no use. But the Raritan River South Branch will keep smallmouths active throughout virtually any day, and I intend to fish it more than Round Valley.

It may be a few days or more until I have more photos for my site, I need a new camera. But perhaps I'll post without photos until once again I'm all set. It's been very enjoyable for me to keep this blog, and I hate to take a hiatus with any part of it, since I value the images a great deal. Just happens to be a problem right when I got skunked two days consecutively. I'm sure it will all get straightened out in fairly short order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered