Monday, December 19, 2016

They Were Out

I heard people got out on the ice as early as last Thursday, and on Budd Lake with three-and-a-half inches of ice on Friday morning. My bet is they'll get back out with this next cold snap, but I'm on the fence about Wednesday, since the warmth softened that base layer, and clear hard ice is the rule for safety when it's not so thick. I doubt we're going, but I haven't time to further look into the situation right now this morning.

Article by Jim Stabile (He told me he didn't write the headline.):


Be sure the ice is safe before fishing




is published in the Morristown Daily Record http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/sports/columnists/jim-stabile/2016/12/18/sure-ice-safe-before-fishing/95572660/ Jim mentions that four ice anglers were out on Budd Lake Friday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered