Thursday, March 9, 2017

Getting Psyched

Getting psyched for fishing this year. For the first time in many years, it's March 9th, and I haven't caught a fish since October 12th. I guess it's possible this hasn't happened since the years I lived at the shore, when I didn't fish as much. I'm glad I've got so much writing done these months, but I've converted back to my fish sense already.

At work today, I was all ready to go fish Pompton Lakes for pike on Wednesday, assuming Mike Maxwell would want to go. Forecast high temperature, turns out, is 32. I've fished open water at 15 degrees, but not in a canoe. And besides, having a friend along--forget it. And besides yet, it's the warm weather that's getting me so interested in fishing. I could go to Round Valley, but I'll get stuff done instead, get back out as soon as milder weather returns.

And by that forecast. If anyone wants to ice fish ponds, looks as if you'll have an opportunity next week. Four consecutive nights of temperatures from 14 to 21.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered