Monday, February 12, 2018

Ice Breaker

Today's weather is what I call an ice breaker, because the forecast hereabouts for the next 10 days is not in favor of anyone attempting to get out on the hardwater. Besides, any lakes or ponds with streams entering them are sure to have seen major ice erosion, if not breakage and floe, resulting from the amount of precipitation. I crossed the North Branch on my way to work and it was up to the bank edge. Temperatures climbed into the 60's, and we may have more marks above 60 by week's end. The forecast keeps shape-shifting. Last I saw it, prospects looked good for the next Tuesday. (This coming Tuesday my wife is taking the day off on my day off.)

What a winter. Near-record cold some days, plenty of cold otherwise, but every time a storm system moves in--most times anyway--the temperature climbs and rain falls. I watched the NJ.com video of Zach Merchant (I'll place the link at end-of-story), and just loved the footage of him trudging through snow. You're not supposed to like snow as an adult, so you can call me a kid if you want, not much offense in that, because children have all the wonder and energy.

Had hoped to get out on RV Pond with Mike Maxwell. I was going to invite him, anyway. Such arrangements, in general, tend not to work out, but eventually, we always get out there.


https://roundvalleyfishing.com/2018/02/02/ice-fishing-zach-merchant/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered