Monday, March 19, 2018

Day Off

Another day off, and maybe I will do that spinner fishing over here at the pond. Replied to one of The Fisherman editors, who let me know he has several openings for the Freshwater column, so I sent him ideas. And I went on NJ Freshwater Fishing.com, fascinated in the catch of a nice rainbow right over here in Far Hills, just before the stream closed until Opening Day. The guy used a really smart tactic. Just let current hold in place a tiny Rapala down pretty deep. I'm still trying to figure out how to catch early season trout on flies, and wistfully wish the season hadn't closed. Mike Maxwell tells me about Jesse Sullivan, who fly fishes trout all winter, averaging about one fish every 10 hours at them. Noel Sell was doing better than that, using Power Bait, during the mild weather of this recent February.

More snow on the way? To get bummed over lingering winter would be a dumb emotional strategy, when I know warmer weather inevitably comes very soon.

Now to work. On writing. This sort of work I love doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered