Monday, July 16, 2018

Some News

What the necessity for a power plant on the Wild & Scenic Musconetcong River would be, I don't know, but it clearly seems to me high time we move to solar energy, when I consider the disgusting effect on the clean water 2000 gallons of waste per day would incur. Tom Johnson's article offers more information: https://njenvironmentnews.com/2018/07/13/go-no-go-for-power-plant-on-one-of-njs-most-pristine-waterways/

Jim Stabile recently reported on the coming of an International Fly Tying Symposium in Parsippany this fall. I thought I would pass this news along, since this is really a very big deal happening here in New Jersey. He also reports on successful boat inspections by conservation officers, and a fishing day camp for kids run by Andover Hunt & Fish.

I can just imagine the marvelous time the kids are having.

Here's the link to Stabile's Column: https://www.dailyrecord.com/story/sports/columnists/jim-stabile/2018/07/15/outdoors-international-fly-tying-symposium-coming-parsippany/785762002/
 
True to my interest in New Jersey dam removals, I wrote earlier this year on the removal of the Columbia Dam on the Paulinskill River, but I came around to that mention in a sort of roundabout way, as I had set as an objective this summer fishing Columbia Lake. Fred Matero knew before I did, and informed me, that the dam is coming down. Here's a DEP press release on the dam removal and the benefits we stand to gain: https://www.nj.gov/dep/newsrel/2018/18_0061.htm?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, thank God for Fred!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have listened to him when he whispered to you what bet to make in Las Vegas.

      Delete
  2. He lost everything he put in, just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now. I was a winner cause I was with Lenny!! Star Ledger had a nice article on Columbia Dam last week. https://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2018/07/columbia_lake_dam_destruction.html .. Fred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, your link does not fire. Actually, I saw something somewhere on it. Oh, that press release. I'll copy and paste.

      Delete

Comments Encouraged and Answered