Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Laurie Murphy Reports from Dow's Boat Rentals

Laurie Murphy:


Most coves along with the State Park are covered with about 7 inches of ice. The main lake is just skimmed over with some open water so that is not safe enough to fish.  Several nice fish made their way to the scales with Bryan Higgins weighing in a 1 lb 10 oz Crappie, Sean Donnelly with a 3 lb 6 oz pickerel, caught in Great Cove,  Max Hughens also with a pickerel weighing 4 lb 4 oz and Pete Pelligrino with a 1 lb 2 oz yellow perch. Jeremy Hughens also had a 45 “ muskie, released back alive.  The Knee Deep Club’s ice fishing contest is set for Sunday Feb. 10th. More info can be found on their website or you can call the shop @ (973) 663-3826. We are open at 6 AM, 7 days a week and fully stocked with whatever you need for ice fishing. We have shiners and fatheads, along with waxworms and spikes for bait. Have a great week and be safe on the ice...

4 comments:

  1. I Love to fishing. So I was searching a fishing website and got it in your website. I have read and enjoyed your experience. I would request to you to Visit and watch my creativity. This is an amazing Fish Video

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really wild, Village Fish. It reminds me of how basic the clam treading I used to do. Very healthy for the spirit, getting so close to nature.

      Delete
  2. My peer's son has been fishing at Areoflex. 30+ yellow perch each trip, all on jigs, nothing on the tipups. Jig type and if baited is unknown. Fred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a photo of someone who ice fished there with rainbow trout and salmon.

      Delete

Comments Encouraged and Answered