Wednesday, June 26, 2019

"Living Shoreline" at Sedge Island

Sedge Island Research Center in Barnegat Bay behind Island Beach always recalls fond memories in me, because my son spent a couple of weeks there with New Jersey Audubon, when he was a boy. They went ocean-bound in kayaks, paddling from the bay out through Barnegat Inlet, this most impressive, but they also treaded clams. Ever since he was three or four, he wanted to go clamming. He had watched me as a two-year-old, while I treaded, his earliest memory. He still remembers leaning over the gunwale of the boat and imploring me to get back in.

We never clammed together, but he did it successfully with Audubon.

The link below is the latest from NJ Fish & Wildlife. They're building up the shoreline around Sedge Island.


https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/news/2019/sedge_shoreline.htm?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered