Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Correction

On March 13th, I think it was me who went south, more than the world. This statement I failed to further inform myself about:"We're far from the end of the pandemic. More than 675,000 Americans died from the Spanish flu in 1918. Approximately one third of the world's population was wiped out."
In all of China's much larger population than ours, only some 3200 people have died from coronaviuus. Worldwide, the death count is only some 8000, and the virus has been in China since late last year.

It's not that I believed hundreds of thousands would die here, I didn't quite, but I dared to use that figure to give the post a heavy tone, and now I feel as if it were a crazy move on my part, since days later, it left me vulnerable to some TV newscaster's "worst case scenario" of 2.2 million Americans dying. How, when since late last year, only some 8000 have died globally? How is that likely? Don't have time to research and try to find out, but it doesn't seem likely.

While growing up, the phrase was, "If you think the world is crazy, it's you who is crazy." Things haven't changed since then. I stepped off into the deep end on March 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered