Monday, August 17, 2020

A Little Fly Casting


 

My family hiked two-and-a-half miles along the river with a friend this morning. Sadie came along and so did Michael's dog, Quincy, who is 13-years-old if I remember rightly. Sadie is almost 11. Both took their time but were quicker than I expected.

Afterwards, Matt and I fly fished a nearby stretch for smallmouths. The river is in beautiful shape. The water is clear and cool. Not at all bath-water warm. So clear that with sunlight on it, bass had made themselves scarce.

We fished subsurface for a half hour at most, caught nothing, but the experience made me look ahead to late September or October. Hope to be back when the light is low, the temperature not too cold, and--I hope--the river is clear.

Leech/Worm Fly We Used

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered