Wednesday, August 12, 2020

How's the AC Holding Up, Lenny?

What I really remember were those frigid mornings down around 10 degrees, but the heat worked fine. I also remember a member or someone coming in, asking if I had either heat or AC. Imagine that.

I was over at Round Valley today, shooting photos, but I didn't take that route...you work the morning shift anyway. Been a long time. You're not forgotten, obviously. 

Looks like I retire five years from October 23rd. We both know Fred's done counting. Amazing.

It was four years on July 17th since I worked there.  When no members or other entries were coming in, I was trying to figure out what book to write, but for the time being, I was more into essays for literary magazines. (Looks like finally one of these will be published very soon.) I remember--very distinctly--when once I was preparing to go to the kitchen to get lunch, and the trout book crossed my mind. I actually conceived it in 2006. I just never got to work on it until after March 2017. After four a.m. on March 17, 2017, suffering from insomnia, I dragged out all of the articles I still possess that I got published during my teens, and I read one on fishing salmon eggs. That's when I knew I had to write this book. I got started on it within weeks of that night. I did take some long periods of hiatus, busy on other projects, but in the main, it took three years to write.  

Hope all's well and knowing you, it probably is.  

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out, Bruce! Wow, 4 years already! You would not believe how busy this place is now. It literally is non-stop, and Freddo can vouch for that. By Fridays at 2 pm, I am shot! Keep writing, and I'll keep reading, and make sure you blog when your magazine articles and books are done. And take it easy on the blogs about Fred, his head is way too big already! Stop by some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lenny, I was thinking of it last night. I just can't get up in the morning before I got to work. People will read my book. Well, they are already. I catch a lot of trout on salmon eggs. I fly fish, too. (You know I loved fly fishing over there.) But I wrote the book mostly about the salmon eggs, because I think it is such a cool method. And to leave the big picture out, the big picture behind it all, just wouldn't be honest. I quote a President to lead into each chapter. Thomas Jefferson got Chapter 1. (Don't ask me or not just yet how the WH led to that, lol.)

      Delete
    2. I haven't written the Acknowledgements yet, Lenny. Think I have a place for you.

      Delete
  2. Hey Now! I have barely been mentioned in months.. fm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred, you're mentioned in the book at least once. I just can't remember right now. Lenny says you have a big head but I admit up front that I deflate mine each day. I sure had to do that with each chapter and the logic works. Follow it and the world is as big as Montana. Well, maybe not that big. (I've never been there but I met someone from Bozeman at the club. That's in the book, too.)

      Delete

Comments Encouraged and Answered