Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Fall Stocker Scene


Got to the river at sunset with my two-weight TFO and began casting upstream of anyone else, discovering that my bodacious shrimp streamer had too much weight to cast on that rod. So I tied on a beadhead black Wooly Bugger, and though at first I had a little difficulty casting that, too, I compensated and from thereon it was a little rough but functional.

I covered some water, mostly just enjoying the water and the heavy sound of insects and getting into various patterns of jigging, stripping, and drift. Warm temperatures meant I took off my jacket and remained in short sleeves. Even as it got dark, I felt comfortable.

Nothing ever hit, but I spoke to two young guys who had a couple. The fall stocking had people out fishing in force, and I felt impressed by the guys with head lamps that came on as darkness fell. I was far from the last guy out.

New Jersey Trout Fishing  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered