Monday, December 7, 2020

Looking to Ice


I had hoped to be writing about temperatures promising for ice fishing by now, but although it's pretty chilly, it's not cold enough yet, which isn't to say there'll be very little ice again this winter. Who knows. The photo above is from January 2019 when we did get out on four inches covering Budd Lake. 

Why do I bother posting about ice fishing when nothing's promising? Reconsider that. The time of year is promising; the 10-day online forecast is not everything. Even though it seems silly, in a way, to put image and word out to honor the possibility, by doing that I psyche myself a little, which means that when it does happen--and if it doesn't happen this winter, it will eventually--I will be better prepared.

So if you ice fish, here's to you, too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered