Sunday, December 12, 2021

Some Trout at Round Valley

DeLucca releasing his rainbow

Got a jolt today, over at Round Valley. Came with my wife and black Lab Sadie, shooting photos. I was just walking over to my wife when Dave DeLucca drove down, window opening, "Bruce, how's it's going?

"I haven't seen you in years!" I said.

I used to run into him when I fished here. Realized as we spoke for half an hour, that the last I did fish here was about two years ago. After I crossed the gravel to meet up with my wife, before we made headway back to the car, I saw Dave set the hook, so I hurried over and watched him catch a rainbow. Another guy had just driven down and come over to watch. He led me back to the catch of his wife and him, asked me to photograph him with it, two of them 15-inch lakers.

I've been over there at least twice a month all year, and almost always, I see no one fishing, although more often than not, I park over at Lot 2, through the main gate. I believe last I was at the main ramp, no one was fishing then, either, so today felt surprising. 



 

6 comments:

  1. Those Lakers look like they were starving, so skinny! FM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not fished as much as I would like, and no catches to report. Been working on some projects and the wind has been relentless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear projects are keeping you busy. I'm off three weeks & doing some stuff. Just last night I was telling a coworker on the phone that I have no idea how I can fit the Fiddler's trout story I told him in 1200 words, but I did it in about two hours. This one's going elsewhere than the usual magazines & I'll copy it from the mag for you if it does get published.

      Delete
  3. You're welcome! Got up on the blog after all!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Encouraged and Answered