Friday, January 7, 2022

Will It Ever Freeze Again?


Pine Barrens Winter Pickerel Thought I'd include a link, but Fred's the star again, with his continued largemouth and pickerel action down there near Long Beach Island, but firmly on the mainland. It was a cold day yesterday, but look what he caught on a 4-inch Senko. I like those pine trees over his head. There's definitely the sense that they invite you to something else, compared to the environment up here where I live in the Highlands.

And my wife tells me we're in for a freeze. I told her that's what we need, for ice fishing. Hoping so. I was just thinking today that Round Valley Reservoir hasn't frozen over since early 2015.

The big question--will it ever freeze over again?

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I know that guy!! Cold might be pushing my next opportunity out a bit. Hope you get some hard water up there! FM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One guy up here was already out today. Gotta love it when guys have time available to meet what seems the very first opportunity. Said he found a sketchy patch of ice and got the skunk off.

      Delete
  2. You ice guys be crazy..

    ReplyDelete

Comments Encouraged and Answered