Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Sheet of Ice on Round Valley Reservoir Cove


Went over to Round Valley for photography yesterday, and I found the corner at Lot 2 frozen over by a thin sheet. The photo makes the scene appear, perhaps, as if the height from the ice to the top of the point across from where I stood is maybe six feet, but it's close to 26 feet. When I got there, a man and woman walked the edge of the ice, and though I tried to snatch a good shot, I blew the shot and they were gone. But before I trashed the photo, because out of focus, I marveled at how small they seemed. You can see a black space just above the whitish edge. They weren't even as tall as where the brush begins to appear.

I was surprised there was any ice on the reservoir at all, but it would have a long way to go... 

Later...I stand corrected. I still had a copy of the image:

They're to the right near the iced-over cove corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered