Thursday, May 5, 2022

Three at the Zoo


 

Stationed at my favorite Zoo spot & couldn't bring up a bite. Went upstream a bit & detected the subtlest of takes. Egg gone. A few casts later, an obvious take, but no hook set. A few more casts and I was ready to position further downstream. A guy and gal had sat there, casting rigs with tiny BB split shots, getting no hits. 

I soon felt an almost undetectable blip. Egg gone. I was using one-pound test, a tiny size 18 snap, a size 14 hook. Able to cast an egg wherever I wanted it to go. And I found a few trout in a little belly of the current. Identical casts yielded three trout. 

I released each of them. They swam off as if unaffected. Then some guy stopped by to watch me finish my last two casts; we talked variously about fishing for  10 minutes, and I then I went home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered