Thursday, June 16, 2022

Hudson Canyon Marine Park

DEC   I read the article and found mention of commercial fishing preserved at the Hudson Canyon, but not even mention of recreational fishing prohibited. When I encounter a situation like this, I suspect that recreational fishing is being marginalized as part of a larger prejudice against us. I might be biased. For obvious reason. But why would it be so unfair to the marine environment to let recreational anglers fish out there? Does anyone believe we put a lot of pressure on the Hudson Canyon? 

2 comments:

  1. NOAA is totally the worst enemy of recreational fishery! Their skewed data is behind every limit placed on us. The article's words "offshore wind development" tell me all I need to know. FM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This much I can tell at a glance--you have a great grasp of the issues. But though I can tell that about you right away...I have no such grasp of the issues. That's someone with a psychological insight for you.

      Delete

Comments Encouraged and Answered