Friday, July 21, 2023

Checked Up On a Pond


My neighbor and fishing buddy Mike told me a local boy is catching fish in the neighborhood pond, so I decided to check up on things.

It hasn't come back anywhere near to its former glory, but the water has a very nice deep black "tea" tone, and the edges are finely grown over. I worked and worked a Senko, getting only sunfish taps, when a sizeable bass finally assaulted it. Setting the hook only resulted in the worm flying off the hook and somewhere into the thick. 

Earlier today, I discovered my O-ring tool is missing, and when I ordered a new one, I selected the bargain including a hundred of the rings. My stock is low and I've been using ones that don't quite fit. Thus, the worm flew off the hook. 

I snapped on a Hedden Tiny Torpedo. Soon, I caught a 10 1/2-inch largemouth. I kept plugging away, hoping for a surprise, but for whatever reason, some 25 minutes of fishing proved to me that the pond still refuses to fully come back.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I discovered I lost my O-Ring Tool too!! Betting its right next to my lost left socks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owned mine for about 12 years. You become attached to little things like that and hate to lose them. It might be in Brian's boat, but I have the feeling it got lost at Aeroflex when we turned the canoe over to put it on top of my car.

      Delete

Comments Encouraged and Answered