Friday, July 14, 2023

Sedge Island Programs

NJ DEP  A couple of Sedge Island programs available, including kayak fishing. My son stayed on Sedge Island a couple of times, and I always remember his adventures with the others as a highlight of his youth. Among many other activities including ocean kayaking by paddling out through the inlet and fishing for blues in the bay, he treaded clams just like his father used to do for a living. The thought of a real outpost on a sedge island is archetypal for me, because I used to think of rooms and apartments I stayed in--although I lived in some nice houses too--as "stations" away from the American mainstream. From my vantage far, far away on the edge I analyzed not only the culture I had removed myself from, but during my daily work engaged with the given realm of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered