Saturday, September 16, 2017

Memory Depends on Sense


I wouldn't expect a sunrise photo like this, not from Round Valley, but I had hoped to greet the sun there tomorrow morning. Since showers are forecast, I have to wait. The post on Lake Hopatcong I snuck this photo from features my son in another, and that made me miss him all the more, away in Boston for studies at Boston University.

I wonder if Fred fished Round Valley this morning. Haven't heard yet, and I would have phoned him back yesterday to go with him, but had an early lunch at Butler's Panty in Far Hills with my wife this morning. I'm certainly willing to go soon.

That's the idea. Today at work, I realized I couldn't remember the drive to and from the restaurant where we both ate BLT sandwiches. Memory depends on sense. With this idea, I felt all the more reason to get out at dawn and photograph sunrise. Whenever I get over there and do this, it will be the first time I've seen sun rise on the reservoir, but I doubt very much it will be the last.

One consideration. I'm not exactly sure how to make my approach with the camera. I'm thinking: cross the dike, get in position just behind that big tongue of sand. That might work. But I will either find confirmation that it does, or get another, better idea for next time. It takes some repeated doing to get a collection of shots to pick and choose fewer favored.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered