Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Back to Round Valley


Went back to Round Valley late this afternoon, hiking from the ramp back into the Ranger Cove area for photos. Such a release from the unreality of all you can lump together as comprising life inside, including the work I do at the supermarket, even though the parking lot is outdoors and does relieve me somewhat. (Since my department is closed, I'm pushing carts and spraying them with disinfectant.)

Sadie is an old, slow dog who tried my patience. I admit I conspired with the open breeze to not bring her along next time so I can walk with a tighter step, but that would break my wife's heart. And Sadie's. She sure knows when I'm going out.

That stump in the photo is about 25 feet down when the reservoir is at full pool. Any guesses on how many bass have stationed next to it over the years?

I brought my rod, but Sadie was so slow, I didn't stay to fish. It was chilly out anyway. I spoke to some shore-bound trout fishermen carrying on the wintertime quest, and they had one 17-inch rainbow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered