Sunday, November 7, 2021

Seems Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Will Become National Park

AMC 

Keep in mind the DWGNRA reportedly already gets the same number of annual visitors as Yellowstone, but doesn't get the same sort of funding, because of lesser status. When the Area becomes a National Park, as I'm assuming it will, visitor traffic will increase, though I don't see in my mind a Jamboree. It's a large region and supports visitors.

What will funding buy? I know that for a long time--I don't remember exactly how long--Old Mine Road on up near the Flatbrook was an absolute mess of potholes. Maybe with the increased funding that comes with the increased status, the likes of that situation will not happen again. Otherwise, I read the article and like so many I read quickly, found it not too specific. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered