Sunday, January 16, 2022

Clutch

I'll find out for sure tomorrow or Tuesday, but it seems I need to get a new clutch put in my power auger, which means an ice season gathering momentum quickly put on hold for me and my friends. Will get it done as soon as I can.

Last couple of weeks, have thought on occasion about the auger being 10 years old. Often, I get a physical answer to my questions, but this is just obvious, and I should have thought of it independently of the thing apparently have broken altogether. I didn't even think of replacing the spark plug! I have had a replacement for five years and just sort of vaguely thought I'd replace the old whenever it goes bad. No! You just remove that old spark plug and put the new one in! Which I'll do.

The clutch would have been foreseeable for anyone mechanical. At least I figured it out right away, but even so, I need to be certain yet. I guess my wondering about the auger's 10 years was of enough mechanical sensibility to prepare myself to make a quick diagnosis, though as I say, it's not 100 percent just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered