Thursday, April 6, 2023

South Bound Brook


Went to Scotch Plains to try selling a coin. I got there at 3:52. The store supposedly closes at 4:00. I was just waved off, but I quickly reasoned that I'll get a better price if I'm not running in to beg for time. I might have to wait until I retire. Just can't schedule it. I'd sell it on Ebay, anyhow, but the dime is in such poor condition, I need an expert to judge the mint mark. 

No big deal, but numismatics aren't only about keeping.

From there--82 degrees out--it took me 50 minutes in heavy traffic to arrive in South Bound Brook. I did find some six or seven feet of water, I think. Maybe if I only wanted a bass, I should have stayed there with hopes of hooking one as it headed upstream.

Got my big paddletail snagged but pulled it free. 

I backtracked to Island Farm Weir. Felt as if I had a better shot there. Not so sure now, but I cast my heart out, hoping to hook a striper over 28 inches so my wife could cook a novel dinner. 

Lost my big paddletail to something in the water. The fast water there below Island Farm Weir eats lures. I switched to a smaller paddletail and kept retrieve speed fast, allowing the jig to dip down on occasion--careful about that. 

Millstone River




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered