Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Bedminster Pond by Bike


Bedminster Pond, August 2017
(He wanted to drain the swamp.)

And the open water--as stated in my August 2017 blog post "Lush Closure on Famous Bedminster Pond"--is an illusion. Only some 15 feet of it exist there, inches deep.

Different thought-levels for different folks.

But I was especially moved to write the present post out of a feeling of deep affinity for that pond. Recently, you've probably read a lot of my words about the closure of parking there, making fishing the pond just after sundown all but impossible. It can be done with a bicycle. The Bedminster Hike & Bike Trail.

We're all aware of love for places, and the many ways such love is lost, though we do fight back when they're taken from us. I wrote an angry "Letter to the Editor," Bernardsville News. And various blog posts. 

Interestingly, it was the year before, March, when--having finished a fishing stint there--it came over me as I walked to my car that I might be done fishing the pond. That was before I knew anything about parking closures coming. 

But I was ahead of the game in the 2017 blog post, too, and I'll leave you a link to it. (The first half or so is difficult to read.) Especially read the second half between the lines. The post ends on the word "closure." 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Encouraged and Answered